Lamb Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce
This recipe couldn’t be easier and pairs beautifully with a fresh mediterranean style pasta salad.
Recipe for Greek Orzo included at the end.
Makes: 4 burgers | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (for the tzatziki sauce):
- 16 oz. plain greek yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 5-6 mint leaves, finely minced
Ingredients (for the burgers):
- 1 lb Ground Lamb (or Goat)
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. lemon zest, grated
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cumin
- Olive oil, for the buns
- 4 buns, we recommend brioche rolls
- Sliced tomato, sliced red onion, and spinach as garnish
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine the first 8 ingredients, blending well but do not overmix or handle too much.
- Form into 4 well rounded patties.
- Place patties on heated grill and cook over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until desired degree of doneness.
- While burgers are cooking, combine all ingredients for the tzatziki sauce. Set bowl aside.
- Brush burger buns with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt (if desired). Place on heated grill when burgers are almost done - for about one minute or until toasted.
- Remove burgers and buns from grill. Prepare sandwiches by placing a dollop of tzatziki sauce on each bun and setting the burger on top. You may also add sliced red onion, sliced tomato, and spinach if desired.
- Serve with Greek Orzo (recipe below).
Cook orzo according to directions on the box, drain and return to pot. Toss pasta with olive oil and spinach until spinach begins to wilt. Add remaining ingredients and season to taste.
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful fresh spinach, coarsely torn or chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. feta, chopped or crumbled
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Recipe by Gwyn Novak of No Thyme to Cook