Lamb Chops with Lemon Couscous
Lamb chops make for a fancy meal without all the fuss. Toss the marinade on the chops before you go to work and they'll grill up beautifully in about 10 minutes that evening. Recipe for Lemon Couscous included at the end.
Serves: 4 | Prep time: 15 minutes (active) 4 hours (marinate) | Cook time: 15 minutes
- 8 (4 oz.) lamb chops (or goat), about 1” thick
- 1/4 C. fresh mint, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 hours ahead, combine spice ingredients (mint through pepper) in a small bowl, mix well. Arrange lamb chops in a single layer on a shallow pan or dish. Rub spice mixture evenly over both sides of the lamb. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours.
- To cook lamb chops, remove from refrigerator and bring to room temperature. Grill (over medium-high heat) or broil lamb chops for about 4 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Remove chops from heat and cover loosely with foil. Let cool slightly before serving.
- Serve with Lemon Couscous (recipe below).
Cook couscous according to package directions, drain and transfer to bowl. Toss cooked grains with a little bit of olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon zest.
Serves 4 - 6.
- Choice of packaged couscous
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. lemon zest, freshly grated
Recipe by Gwyn Novak of No Thyme to Cook